I would like to thank Deanna Schrayer atThe Other Side of Deanna, a fellow #fridayflash participant, and creator of some heart-rending, thought provoking reads. Thanks to Alan Davidson atConversations from Land's Edge as well for this "honour". When I began following Alan's very amusing blog I was surprised to find that he is not only a fellow islander, but we also do our writing at the same swimming pool. Check out both these blogs for some top notch entertainment.
The second thing I discovered, quite by accident, is that today is the four year anniversary of Brain Droppings. My humble little blog has evolved from random thoughts on nothing to a more regular blog with a focus on reading and writing. I have met many good people along the way who share these interests.
It's fitting, perhaps, that I have been gifted this
The rules attached to this award are as follows:
1. Thank the person who gave you this award.
2. Copy the logo and place it on your blog.
3. Link to the person who nominated you.
4. Tell up to six outrageous lies about yourself and at least one outrageous truth.
6. Post links to the
7. Leave a comment on each of the blogs letting them know you nominated them.
As you can see I kept Alan's revision of the rules, cutting the number of recipients from seven to three. I would like to nominate:
- EllenO at MyMentalPicture because that girl can spin a yarn like nobody's business.
- Kathleen Gilbert at Writing with Broomsticks to see what witchery she will come up with.
- Absolutely*Kate proprietor of The Bijou. There's no doubt her outrageousness will spill into new realms.
I hope you are all up for the challenge.
Here are my outrageous lies and truths:
1. My past pets include mice, rats, black cats, snakes, bats and crows.
2. I started going to the blood bank so that I could better describe the texture and flow of blood.
3. I once fell into an occupied grave.
4. You must be careful where you walk when visiting the cabin - I have bodies buried nearby.
5. I once took off for Europe with nothing but the clothes on my back and $100 in loonies.
6. I got stuck on an ice pan that broke loose from the harbour and drifted out to sea.
7. I own a necklace made from human teeth.
Can you spot the truth?